February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Today is Valentine's Day, the *holiday* invented by 1-800 Flowers, Hallmark & Russell Stover, but this year I was actually looking forward to this day of love. Today was David's first Valentine's party at the Rec Center, where we have playgroup three times a week. I was able to buy David's first box of Valentine cards and this morning, before his party, we filled them out for all his friends.

Each kid had a mailbox with his/her name on it; David got to put a card in each box. It was a lot of fun, and David enjoyed frosting his own heart shaped cake. Sadly, the Doc is on call this weekend so he wasn't able to come to the party, but I made sure to have a nice dinner waiting for when he finally got home at 7:30.

Here are a couple pictures from the party!

David's cake


Shaun playing


David singing songs at morning meeting


The Valentine mailboxes

1 comment:

Princess B said...

Aww--so cute!!
I love his hair, I have to agree with the guys on not cutting it!! It was so cute on Friday when David wished me a pre-Happy Valentine's Day. You know pretty much anything that boy says just melts my heart! LOVE him! And Shaun too--hee hee!