April 28, 2009

American Idol: Rat Pack

So overall a pretty boring night if you were not born in the 1950's but with a top 5 as good as this one...it wasn't unbearable to sit through!

Here is my recap in no particular order:

1. Adam Lambert: He is such an amazing performer. I wasn't nuts about the song...but he gets an A+ for the vibe/performance!

2. Alison Iraheta: Her voice is unreal for 16. I really liked this performance from her. It was probably one of my favorites she has done. It was nice to see the *softer* side of Alison.

3. Danny Gokey: BY FAR THE BEST OF THE NIGHT!! I loved the end of this song. It was just AWESOME!! Love him. I love how he took Simon's criticism to heart last week and showed everyone that he CAN be a great performer!

4. Kris Allen: I liked it so much better when I closed my eyes but he still doesn't really do it for me. Perhaps it's the fact that he still looks skeevy and makes funny faces. But for me it was probably the worst of the night. But he's never been one of my favorites as you have probably noticed.

5. Matt Giraud: On a technical level - I thought it was GREAT. He sang one of the toughest songs and I thought he did a great job. I just love the soulfulness when he sings. I think it could have been better had he been the one playing the piano though!

So at this stage it's any ones game, and I say this because most people at this point have their favorites and everyone was really great (even Kris). My vote to go home would be Kris, but that is because he is MY least favorite contestant left. However, I am only one person voting and so I wouldn't be surprised to see Matt go home this week. I get the impression that more people like Kris than Matt.

No comments: