April 21, 2009

American Idol: Top 7 (again)

The judges used the save last week and saved Matt from going home. We were supposed to think it was all dramatic, but what people may have forgotten was that it was only available until the top 5. So, it is my opinion that they were going to use it no matter who was in the bottom. I can't say I was disappointed they used it though, because I LOVE Matt and would have been sad to see him gone.

OK Disco week, blah! It wasn't my favorite week I have to say. I think that the contestants left are some of the best the show has seen but overall the show was a little boring. So in no particular order, here is my weekly recap:

1. Adam Lambert: He is seriously the BEST performer that Idol has EVER seen. No doubt in my mind.

2. Alison Iraheta: Original, yes. Outstanding vocal, yes. Weird arrangement, most definitely.

3. Anoop Desai: He's just a nice guy who can sing nice songs, and it was a nice performance, but that is all. He can't compete with the other guys. He is just not on the same level. He is by far the weakest male contestant and should be one of the two going home.

4. Danny Gokey: I LOVE his voice, LOVE his passion and LOVE him! He has to be my favorite vocally. Performance wise though, I agree with Simon. When you compare him to Adam, he has no real presence when he's on stage. There is no question, however, that he's passionate about what he's singing and that is what I love most about him and why he is my favorite contestant.

5. Kris Allen: This was a cool performance, I got the Santana vibe the judges were talking about, but I still don't LOVE him. I think that Matt is more talented vocally, but Kris is doing a better job in the song choice department. Oh and his stylist needs to be fired. I can't believe that no one has told him to shave so he can stop going out every week looking like a tool.

6. Lil Rounds: So over her, and have been for a while now. How Matt was the one on the chopping block last week is beyond me. She had the WORST performance of the night. I totally agree with the judges, she brings nothing new to the table each week and has basically shown America that she's a Beyonce, Whitney and Chaka wannabe.

7. Matt Giraud: Simon is a tool! That performance had me getting my grove on! It was fun, and it was a great vocal. I love him!! I thought the arrangement was just fine. He reminds me of Elliott Yamin from season 5.

My picks to go home this week would be Anoop and Lil. They were by far the weakest performers tonight and overall. I really don't know why people don't like Matt. He has struggled a little with his song choice but he has such a cool vibe and great vocals. He is by far more versatile as an artist than Anoop or Lil. But we shall see.

No comments: