April 9, 2009

Milestone Overload!

In the span of two weeks Shaun has managed to master three milestones. It's funny, because David mastered each milestone in steps and Shaun did them all at once.

Shaun went from having zero teeth to cutting THREE teeth all at once! While I am sure it was painful for him, he was lucky in that he only had to go through it one time where as David had to do it three times!



The Tuesday before we left for Disney I was at my parents house and he surprised us with sitting up all by himself. The first two times he did it, I missed it. My Dad saw the first time, and my mom the second. I only knew he had done it because he was laying down when I turned away. He's a seasoned pro now!

The morning before we left for our Disney trip, he woke up very early. I was all set to walk into his room super annoyed at him, but when I opened the door, I found him standing up and holding onto the railing. I couldn't help but smile at him. I was so proud, he had been trying to do this for a couple weeks and he had finally succeeded, I just wish it wasn't a 5:45am.

He's also on the move. When we got back from our Disney trip, the first thing we had to do was go out and buy a gate for the stairs. Before, he would slowly roll from place to place and so he couldn't get far fast. Now, you turn around for two seconds and he is no where near where you left him.

Check out his progression from sitting up, to rolling to crawling in this fun music filled video clip! I have felt pretty bad about not having as many video's as I did with David. So I wanted to make sure to capture these new milestones for everyone to see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and his smiling face is so cute throughout the video! Cant help but laugh watching him roll around (I see that was taking at the place in Florida). Amazing to watch the progression from sitting up to rolling and then to actual crawling!

-Kristin

Stephanie said...

He's so handsome! David is going to keep him very busy now that he's moving around...or should I say both of them will keep you very busy.