August 27, 2010

Another Pound Gone...

and TWO more to go (to reach my first goal anyway)!!



Last Week: 168.4
This Week: 167.2
Wk 10 Loss: 1.2 lbs
Total Loss: 18.2 lbs

I thought for sure that I would be posting my second gain this week, after some serious cheating that went down while on Cape Cod. When I checked after returning home I was up TWO pounds, so you can imagine my surprise this morning when I stepped on the scale to show a ONE pound loss! I worked pretty hard and I owe a lot of my success this week to the Doc. After seeing some pictures of myself from vacation I realized I still have a LONG way to go. And I felt discouraged and for a split second started to feel a sense of hopelessness.



I discussed my discouragement to him, and how I hated the way I looked in our trip pictures. He reminded me to remember what I looked like 10 weeks ago and how far I have already come. He reminded me to think about all the changes I have made since I started this journey and how these changes have given me more energy, which is a big deal since Evan is still up a few times each night to nurse. He told me to think about how I now fit into my size 12 jeans, how much I have already lost and reminded me to look at this picture again:



It was all I needed to hear to push those discouraging thoughts out of my head and re-motivate myself! He is committed to living a healthy lifestyle as well (heck, he's currently training for a half-marathon right now!) so there is really no excuse for me, so I also owe a lot of my success to him too!! It would so easy to cheat, or give up all together, if he wasn't doing it right along with me!!!

2 comments:

Jodes said...

OK SO I WAS ON VERGE OF TEARS READING THAT!!!! I LOVE CHARLIE RIGHT NOW AND AM SO HAPPY FOR THE BOTH OF YOU DOING SO WELL.... AND TELL CHARLIE HE NEEDS TO MAKE ME FEEL GOOD TOO...WHEN IS MY APPOINTMENT????

I AM SOOOO PROUD OF YOU AND I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Boston Pam said...

Aww! Thanks Jodes!! :)