January 15, 2011

18% and 4 Miles!

It's officially been 7 months since I started my journey to a healthier me and I have lost 18.02% of my body weight!



Last Week: 152.7
This Week: 152.0
Wk 3 Loss: 0.7 lbs
Total Loss: 3 lbs (33.4 overall)

I have also finally gotten back to my running routine. I have some new goals I would like to achieve this year with my running and that would be able to run a 10 minute mile and to run a 10k (at least!). There is a big road race down on the Cape Memorial Day Weekend which includes a 1/2 marathon, a 7.2 miler and a 5k. I know I can do the 5k, but I am still debating whether or not I want to give the 7.2 miler a go. It's an entire mile longer than a 10k would be. I still have time to think about it since the registration isn't open for the race yet, but it would give me something to work towards! In any case, this week I have already started working on increasing my distance by running at least a 5k on the treadmill. And tonight I ran 4 miles in 46:35 which is an average speed of 5.1 mph! I continued right into my cool down and was so proud of my accomplishment, took a picture of the treadmill with my phone!



I won't be able to do this every night, but with the help of the best running coach ever (Charlie!), we're working on coming up with a new routine. I like structure. It helps keep me focused. Eye on the prize! Or something like that!

No comments: