January 30, 2011

Chipping Away!

I am slowly chipping away at all those extra pounds! I am running when I can during this winter, though finding it harder to stay motivated for various reasons, sickness going through the house, shin splints being back and all the snow days. The snow days have been the hardest for me, since it means being stuck inside and that makes me want to munch and snack.

I am definitely looking forward to all this snow melting so I can get back outside for some of my runs! I am especially interested to see how well I do running my route since I have been getting faster on the treadmill. I don't exactly know why, but I definitely run faster outside than on the treadmill. Probably has something to do with the scenery and that you're actually going somewhere! We have also set up and started using the Kinect Santa brought us for Christmas. It's much easier to use than the Wii (no remotes!) and so the boys and I have started dancing again! This game is a much better workout than the Wii one for sure!

In any case, I have no complaints about how things have been going for the most part. I have some work I need to do in the "diet" department but like I said, this has been a tough winter and we've been on an ordering out kick again. The Doc's schedule changes tomorrow so he won't be getting home as late so that will help! And hopefully Mother Nature will stop pummeling us with snow so we're not stuck inside like we have been because I am really hoping that by next week that 5 will be a FOUR! I haven't seen a FOUR in that spot since the Fall of 2002. There will be lots of celebrating when that happens for sure!



Last Week: 151.7
This Week: 150.9
Wk 5 Loss: 0.8
Total Loss: 4.1 (34.5 overall!)

2 comments:

Momma Trish said...

Great work, Pam! I can't wait to see that number. I hoped to stay neck and neck with you, but you're winning. lol I started Atkins again, so hopefully, I will catch up. Keep up the good work!

Boston Pam said...

Thanks Trisha! You're doing great too!