November 30, 2011

More Holiday Decorating!

So we finally got our tree issue sorted out, long story short there is a defective section of lights on the top and we had to bring it back to the store. It's not fixed, but they gave us a temporary solution and will get it fixed it after the Holiday season. We decided since they do plan to fix it, this year we'd let it be, because it's not that noticeable. And tonight we (FINALLY) begun decorating! At least it's sorted out, I really love the tree and didn't want to have to return it. Plus we had already put it all together!

Last night we wrapped the tree with a red sparkly ribbon garland and then started adding ornaments tonight. I need to get some hooks for some of the new ornaments so we'll finish it tomorrow. But here is what it looks like so far. I also want to get a larger tree skirt, but the Doc seems to think it's fine. It's WAY too small if you ask me!


I also (thanks to a Pinterest link) spent this afternoon tapping ribbon to my kitchen cabinets as a new way to display my Christmas cards. I liked my wreath but by the end of the month I couldn't see some of the cards, plus it wasn't holding the cards as well anyway. I thought this was such a neat idea, I wanted to try it out! And wouldn't you know, by chance I got my first two Christmas cards of the season, so I was also able to test the new display! Check it out!



Once I get more cards (and I clean up my kitchen a bit!), I'll pop on my wide angle lens and snap a better picture, but you get the idea!

3 comments:

NHGirl said...

I agree with you, bigger tree skirt. LOVE the red ribbon!

Princess B said...

So nice! I was wondering how your tree looked in that big great room of yours! Can't wait to see it in person...PLEASE keep it up til our New Yearpalpooza party?

Boston Pam said...

Thanks and I will get a bigger tree skirt if I can find one that looks like the one we have. I love the design of that one. I haven't seen one.

And PB, our tree will still be up! We usually take it down after New Years! Either the weekend after or a few days after!