May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

What a wonderful Mother's Day! Since the Doc had to work this weekend, I decided that I didn't want to spend Mother's Day alone and invited the family over for brunch! Everyone contributed and together we had a great breakfast spread, of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, pancakes, muffins, fruit salad, and I even tried out (thanks to pinterest!) some red velvet pancakes, which I was told were excellent!

After everyone enjoyed some delicious food, it was time to get on our work clothes and get out into the yard to do some more work. My Dad, was able to get a lot of the hard wood out in the old wooded area cut up, Jesse loaded the truck with another load of wood to take back to my parents house and my brothers and I got a fire going and cleared the rest of the huge pile of brush! Looks like we might not need to rent that chipper after all!  And while all that was going on MIL & my mom tidied up the kitchen, while my sister and Kim helped keep the children from wandering the neighborhood!

By the end of the day I was dirty and covered in pine pitch, my legs continue to get scratched up and I even had the joy of pulling a tick off the back of my neck (eww!), but I'm keeping my eye on the prize. Soon all our hard work will pay off and we'll have a gorgeous back yard oasis!

I hope that all the Mom's had just as wonderful a day as I did, celebrating with my boys and my family!

Me and my boys!
Brunch!
The Red Velvet pancakes...which my sister said tasted better than IHOP's!
Carter & Evan enjoying Brunch
It was such a gorgeous day the kids enjoyed Brunch on the deck!
Mother's Day Brunch!
The Mother's
Nothing like seeing the end results after a hard day of clearing brush and cutting/loading wood in the hot, hot sun!

No comments: