May 24, 2012

Making a House a Home - Pretty Flowers

And no more snarly mess on our sledding hill and rock wall! Last fall we attempted to rid the hill in our backyard of the awful shrubbery on our own and it was such a pain! It took us 3 weekend days to do just half of the hill so this spring we got a quote on the job and it was well worth the money to hire a professional! The landscaper came in and not only finished the rest of the hill, but he also got rid of the nasty shrubs on the rock wall on the side of the house, and it only took him and his helper a little more than 1/2 a day!






Goodbye rock wall shrubbery nonsense! I still can't seem to find a before picture and I forgot to take one before the landscapers came. But trust me, it was a MESS!



And now it's beautiful! The iris is not only a beautiful flower, but it has special meaning for the Doc and I, it was our wedding flower!


I also picked up a couple hanging plants to decorate various spots in my garden until we are able to figure out how we want to arrange it.



Today I got back out in the back to clear more brush! Just when you think you have made a big dent, you go farther back into the old wooded area and see just how far we still have to go. But I keep plugging away when I can and we'll get reinforcements again this holiday when my family comes up for a Memorial Day cookout and brush clearing party!

It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it! Check out how grimy I am after a days work*.

*photograph by David

No comments: