May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend!

Memorial Day is not only a day of remembrance to all those men & women who gave the ultimate sacrifice, but it is also the kick off to Summer and a weekend we always try to get together with friends and family. This weekend we got to do both and not only did we have fun in the hot, hot, sun, we also got a ton more work done on our backyard expansion project!

On Sunday we headed south to our friends new house.  Now that they have a house with a BIG back yard, they were able to host us for the first time.  We enjoyed fun in the sun, good food, and great company!

My WORLD famous pico de galo!
The boys staying cool in the kiddie pool!
Daddy & Shaun
The Momma's got to sit and sip margaritas while the boys all played a game of kickball!
Love these boys!
Getting ready to head home!
Ready to head home and go to bed!
Sunday was our "funday" but it was back to work on Monday, only this time we were getting some reinforcements!  The Doc and I were able to make a dent on Saturday while the boys hung out in their kiddie pool, but there is only so much the two of us can do while keeping an eye on them.  It's nice to have the help from our family.

We had 3 chain saws going on Monday and got most of the fallen down trees all cut and ready to be stacked.  My brothers loaded up the truck with more wood and helped burn a lot more brush, clearing another one of the big piles we had!  And with my sister, SIL Kim and mom I was able to forget I had children for the day and concentrate on my helping with the brush.  Still have lots to do, but it's really starting to look like a yard and not a big giant mess!

Jason Stathem loading up my Dad's truck!
Mud puddle in the cleared area is KNEE deep for my brother John.
My Dad, finished all the trees in the back corner
While Jesse took care of the trees by the swamp!
It was a great weekend and I hope that everyone enjoyed their kick off to Summer just as much as we did!

No comments: