August 9, 2015

The Boys Minecraft Birthday Bash!

Each year we have a mild theme to our day!  This year it was minecraft!  This was our FIFTH year hosting this extravaganza and each year it becomes easier!  The menu doesn't change so that helps!  The only wrench in the plan was the pool project!  By the skin of my teeth it was ready for use the day before!  We didn't have any landscaping done, there was no official fence around the perimeter, but people could swim and that was more than I would have though earlier in the week!

Keep Calm and Minecraft On!
In lieu of the party favors and pinata - this year we set up a tye dye table!  Each kid went home with a cool shirt!
Clear water, temporary fence and lots of dirt all around!  But we could swim!
I had this great plan in my head to make this a really cook minecraft looking cake, but time got away from me and I was just happy it was made!  
Happy 5th, 7th & 9th Birthday!

Because the Monday before the party we still didn't even have pool decking...the uncertainty of the timeline for the pool being finished...we still rented the inflatable water slide just in case it didn't end up working out with the pool!
The back up plan!
We always try to get into the theme with custom tees too!
The boys friends always pick out some really nice gifts!  We have been so lucky to have such a great village here!




New Pool toys!!!!
It was such a busy week leading up to this party with all the pool stuff, but I think we managed to pull off another successful celebration for the boys!  Good food, great friends and lots of laughing and fun!

1 comment:

Kathrin Trujillo said...

As a Mom of three boys myself, I can relate to your feelings of being the “Lone Pink in the House of Blue” quite well. Haha! I love how adorable the festivities are—from the Minecraft theme to that gigantic inflatable slide that never seems to get old in terms of “fun factor.” I’m pretty sure the boys had a blast, and I’m glad that you and your hubby are being the awesome parents you are! Cheers!

Kathrin Trujillo @ Slides A Lot