March 18, 2005

Florida Woman's Feeding Tube Removed

So this women in Florida had her feeding tube removed. She apparently has been brain dead for something like 15 years. I don't understand why she has been forced to live this long. Although I shouldn't say live - since she is bascially a vegtable. Got to love the republicans - Tom Delay is an F*cking moron.

"Terri Schiavo is alive ... She is as alive as you or I, and as such we have a moral obligation to protect and defend her from the fate premeditated by the Florida courts," DeLay said.

It would be one thing if the family were bearing the cost's to keep her alive, but they're not. I mean I don't want to sound cold hearted but she's pretty much dead anyway. If the parents want the feeding tube kept in - fine (well not really but that is a separate issue) - just send the bill to them and not to the taxpayers.

No comments: