July 21, 2005

Exclamation Point!

So anyone who reads this blog knows my love and usage of the exclamation point! Well it has since gotten me in trouble at work. Not serious trouble - but I think the wonderful people in Member Services think I am a whack job be-atch!!!!!!!!!!!

Upon sending them 'reminder' emails - which I am sure they 'love' getting from us finance people - I used exclamation points at the end of my statements. Well I got back a message from one particular member service representative and it was in ALL CAPS. Which in text and email can be taken as ANGER!!!!!! ARGHHH!!!!!

Well according to my fellow co-workers - Philadelphian's use exclamations points to show seriousness and attitude. Like 'please send a copy!' (which is what I wrote) to mean DO IT NOW!!!!!! When really I was just trying to be super friendly. I was told I was in the wrong city for that! So from now on - no more exclamation points....or according to a co-worker I can use it if put the word "rah" in front!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*RAH* I love exclamation points too!!!!!!! Every note I send out to my office has them!!!!!

Boston Pam said...

Yes that is Boston for you! I was told at work that the city of Brotherly Love is a crock of shit!

Brian said...

PAM!!!


TRY USING CAPS AND EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!

SEE WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THAT!!!!!!