July 13, 2005

I know what you're thinking:

She writes too much stuff about Rick "The Pantywaist" Santorum. I know. I am sorry for this - it must be so boring to read. But I have just moved to a new city and this whack-job is all over the news...So I cannot help it.

I am going to write about work: The Doc doesn't find my work stories funny. There the kind of stories where you have to be there - you know what I mean. But to me they are hilarious. I have one co-worker who likes to imitate the other people on my team - trust me it's hysterical.

So I LOVE my new job. The team is wicked awesome. We work hard but still get to joke around. My supervisor is wicked awesome (very laid back) and despite the fact he is a republican he is a cool guy. I am slightly overwhelmed because there is a lot to learn (it's different than the accounts payable at my last job) but not so much that I am stressed out. The view is unreal! And I now know the SEPTA system!

commute: Walk about three blocks to the corners of Dauphin and Memphis - take the bus to the Spring Garden El Station - take the El all the way to 15th & Market and walk to 19th (if I am feeling lazy or it's yucky weather I can pick up a free transfer to the trolley which takes me right in front of my building).

How to Speak Philadelphian: Water=Worter (that is about all I know for right now because that really sticks out). If I pick up anything from living here it will be that.

So there is an update - I am really exhausted - I have to get up much earlier now than I did working at M.J. Hayward because I don't live a mile down the road. (Oh they don't say road here either - I got laughed at when I said I walk three block up the road) I will adjust soon (hopefully)!! That's it for now - I am sure I will have another post about Rick Santorum again soon. Oh boy!

2 comments:

iyaz said...

Now that you've got that commute, why don't you listen to your iPod. I've got a podcast - check it out.
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheIyazAndLucyShow

Boston Pam said...

I downloaded it - but haven't listened yet. I am still trying to figure it all out and I have been reading Harry Potter 5 so I can be ready for when my new book arrives!