July 6, 2005

Rick Santorum Does it Again:

Who does this guy think he is? Abortion is equal to slavery? Children should be home schooled? Hillary Clinton caused the destructive of the family?

His new book, due out soon, talks about these issues and how they need to become public policy. Apparently going to public school will make you socially retarded according to Rick Santorum. Well I went to public school and I don't consider my self a social retard. In fact some people tell me I have a great personality.

"Conservatism and the Common Good" - those two words should never be put together on paper. This was the story on Action News when I turned on the television this am. How does this pantywaist get elected?

Here are some fun quotes from his book:

"The African proverb says, 'It takes a village to raise a child,"' Santorum writes. "The American version is 'It takes a village to raise a child _ if the village wants that child."'

_ ON AGE SEGREGATION IN SCHOOLS: "It's amazing that so many kids turn out to be fairly normal, considering the weird socialization they get in public schools."

_ ON WELFARE REFORM: "The notion that college education is a cost-effective way to help poor, low-skill unmarried mothers with high school diplomas or GED's move up the economic ladder is just wrong."

Why is this wrong?? I just can't - I mean I just don't have any words. I am seriously in a state of disbelief that this guy (pictured above) is my new senator. How can someone be so ignorant and in public office. I wish I had some funny commentary this morning - there are just too many jokes but I have to get ready for my second day at my new job!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NO kidding! It is 10X more dangerous to birth a child than to abort. I guess we can't make that choice according to him, so we are essentially walking incubators.