October 10, 2005

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP:

That is the sound I came home to. A 'chirp' as they call it in the manual - more like nails to a chalkboard. My Kidde Carbon Monoxide detector back up battery is apparently dying if not already dead. And this information is all thanks to the help from Brian, the guy from Kidde customer service and JRC from my old work.

So why don't you change it P. Sophie? That is a fantastic question - and I would except that the guy who remodeled this house was an electrician and he wired it into the smoke detectors and circuit breaker box. Fun!

That means I can't get at the battery because it's blocked by the wires. More Fun! So every fifteen seconds it beeps. Lucky for me it's in the basement and I probably won't hear it upstairs. I hope anyway. Until tomorrow when the good folks at my old job can help me!!

Argghhhh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pam!
My mom has one of those annoying things in her house too! The other night it woke me up at 2 in the morning and I had to stumble downstairs and rip the thing out of its plug. Very annoying- my sympathies are with you!