January 18, 2007

Company, Sleep Deprivation & The First Snow:

David Toes (1)
Today in Philadelphia we had the first snow of what is finally the winter season. Nothing to speak of and it didn't even accumulate but it was the kind of snow that makes you want to go outside and spin around and around while sticking your tongue out Charlie Brown style. The snowflakes were big and fluffy - it was so pretty. I was so happy and then my supervisor so nicely reminded me that it was my baby's first snow and instead of sharing it with me - he was sharing it with the teachers at his daycare. Hopefully there will be a next time. I LOVE snow!

The reason I haven't posted all week is because the Doc and I have been trying to organize and clean our house. Yes, it takes that long. We're lazy what can I say. We are cleaning because we are having a very special visitor this weekend. Ms. M and her parents are coming for the weekend!! Too bad it decided to be winter for this weekend. Last weekend it was still in the 50's...Oh well.

Last I wanted to talk about the family sleep deprivation. The Doc's sleep deprivation comes from having one day off since Christmas and switching from days to nights to taking call because someone called out and he got called in. His body is so messed up he can't fall asleep at night. My sleep deprivation is from a baby who STILL refuses to sleep through the night. This can't go on forever can it?! He was doing better but this past week he's been sore because there is a tooth that looks like it's going to show itself any day now...guess I can't fault him for teething.

As far as the above picture...well that is the only recent picture I have that hasn't been posted. We took it the other day when he was being a goober before his tubby time. For some strange reason he loves to be naked and his new thing is his feet. He likes to grab them, kick them and stand on them. It's especially fun when he is in his crib and you hear him kicking his feet into the railing. Bang, bang, bang...at 5am! Super!

No comments: