September 10, 2010

Mission Accomplished!!!!!

If someone were to tell me 12 weeks ago that I would be back to my pre-pregnancy weight, I probably would have laughed. I would have laughed because I never made it to my pre-pregnancy weight after I had Shaun, and I haven't seen my weight before getting pregnant with David, coming up on 5 years now! I have spent the last five years between being pregnant and recovering from being pregnant and my weight has gone from 155 to 215 pounds during that time. I made excuses, telling myself that there was no point in losing weight because I was just going to get pregnant again. Pretty lame, I know.

After I had Evan, I knew I was done having children which meant I no longer had that excuse at my disposal. It didn't matter because I came up with new excuses. I am nursing my baby, I am too tired from having a newborn, I'll be ready in a few months...the list goes on. Unfortunately, as it turned out, the weight wasn't melting off as it had my previous pregnancies. I was stuck at 185 pounds and feeling really down on myself. The only thing left to do was stop making excuses, I needed to just do it! And that is just what I did! I joined my Mommy Board's Biggest Loser competition, stopped making excuses and started holding myself accountable!

I started off slow, making small changes to my diet and adding in some exercise, usually playing some Just Dance on the Wii, with David and Shaun. Once I got myself into the routine of exercising, I was ready for more. I picked up a copy of the 30 Day Shred. I had heard great things about it and decided it was exactly what I needed to kick things into high gear! I put in the DVD and took on the challenge. I was going to do this DVD for 30 days and see where that got me! It was HARD! I yelled at my TV and cursed up a storm, but I wasn't giving up. I made the commitment and I wasn't going to quit! And wouldn't you know all my hard work paid off in the end because:

Starting Weight on June 21, 2010


Ending Weight on September 10, 2010


Last Week: 166.7
This Week: 164.9
Wk 11 Loss: 1.8 lbs
Total Loss: 20.5 lbs

I accomplished what I set out to do and reached my goal! I have lost 11.09% of my body weight, and my BMI has gone from 33.9 to 30.2. I am well on my way to a healthier me! I have signed up for another round of the contest and have made a new weight loss goal, to lose at least another 10%, which would be 16 pounds! I want to thank you all again for all the kind words, encouragement and support you have shown me as I have blogged about my weight loss journey!

3 comments:

Princess B said...

Yay you!!! Awesome job--I knew you could do it! Does this mean you won the money, too?!?!

Boston Pam said...

Yes I did! :)

Kristin said...

Wow, quite the accomplishment! Am very happy for you.