November 26, 2010

The Secret to Beating the Holiday Bloat...

Is to run a 5k Thanksgiving morning! Because, while I didn't stuff my face (as the "old me" would have), I still ate and I even had a sliver of each the pumpkin, apple and pecan pies!



Last Week: 154.2
This Week: 153.9
Wk 11 Loss: 0.3 lbs
Total Loss: 11 lbs (31.5 overall)

I ran in my very first race yesterday and even with a few curve balls thrown my way, (the course was hilly, and no posted mile markers) I finished in just under 40 minutes. My official race time was 39:58, which was 2 seconds faster than I had originally thought!



Here are the Turkey Trotters, me, the Doc, the Stacks and Krystal!


I am so glad I decided to do this! It was an amazing feeling crossing that finish line and I can't wait to do more! And the best part, is that it kept me from gaining the typical Thanksgiving feast weight!!

No comments: