July 24, 2006

A Baby Story: Down to the Wire

15 days and counting. I have a week left of work before I start my maternity leave. I can't believe it is almost here. We had a fabulous weekend starting with the arrival of Stephie late afternoon on Friday. We went to Pizzeria Uno for dinner and then to pick up our brand new coffee table!

Being pregnant has had it's perks such as getting things that you want. I told the Doc that since I had to carry this baby for 40 weeks and get fat and swollen and have a gazillion stretch marks that I am entitled to a new coffee table. It's awesome. It's shorter than the old one but taller and it lifts up to become a table.

The fun part was getting out of Stephie's rental car and into our house. We had good timing because a guy saw us from down the street and came to help Charlie. Stephie and I weren't much help so we went to pick up some ice cream and left the Doc to put the table together!

Then on Saturday Stephie treated me to a wonderful morning of a pedicure and manicure at a salon in center city. It was nice and relaxing and just what my big fat swollen feet needed. I decided to paint my toes blue for the upcoming arrival of our little guy. You can see below how cute my toes are. At least that is something! After the spa treatment we did some shopping and then lunch at El Azteca (our favorite restaurant). It was a wonderful way to spend the weekend.

It's kinda weird to think that we really only have one more free weekend before we have to be responsible, mature, grown-up people.

2 comments:

Brian said...

grown-up? You think having a baby makes you THAT?

Boston Pam said...

Well maybe not you...(wink)!

Bonk - Hey...Bonk!