December 26, 2006

David's First Christmas!

Well after a long drive last night we are back home! It was great seeing all our family and friends as we celebrated David's first Christmas. It was a very busy weekend and the three of us were exhausted last night. Even after sleeping the majority of the car ride home David went straight to bed and gave me three hours of continuous sleep!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On Saturday we visited with The Doc's extended family. David got to see his Great Aunts and Uncle and his Great Grandmothers. There was a fabulous spread of candy, fruits and veggies and pie! After that we went over to Brian & Erica's. P. Buttercup and her man joined us too! Brady was too cute when Brian left to pick up the pizza and he couldn't go with him.

Christmas eve was spent over at my parent's house aka the Zoo! We had a nice brunch compliments of me! I made home fried potatoes and scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese bacon, ham and sausage. It was very good if I do say so myself. Photobucket - Video and Image HostingAfter that we left to have dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse with MIL, FIL, SIL and Grammy. Then it was back to my parents for a quick visit before heading over to church. You can see a pattern here - we didn't stop moving the entire weekend!

Here is David all dressed up for Church in the outfit that his Great Aunt Vicki got for him. It's all the reindeer on a really cute sweater with blue corduroys. David was very well behaved at church he sat and listened to the music which was especially good! When we got home I put David into his very first Christmas Pajamas!

Growing up in our house it was tradition that every year on Christmas eve we would get a new pair of pajamas to wear so that on Christmas morning we all could take a picture looking spiffy in our PJ's! So it was great when I was shopping and found this outfit for David to wear. It has a picture of Santa on the front and says "Santa's Favorite" underneath! The we put the Santa hat on. Just look at how cute he is!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Christmas morning we woke up bright and early and headed over to my parents house where Santa left tons of cool gifts for David, Scottie and Little John. It was a crazy morning with 14 people opening gifts in a living room overloaded with presents! After that we headed back to MIL & FIL's (good thing they only live 10 minutes away!). David napped while we opened our gifts. Santa was VERY good to me I loved all of my gifts!

After that MIL made a wonderful pot roast for dinner and then it was back to my parents for desert and Secret Santa exchange with my extended family. By 5:00pm it was time to head on back home! I am working on loading all our pictures onto another slide show for you all to enjoy. I hope to have it up soon! I hope every one's holiday was as fabulous as ours!

No comments: