December 2, 2006

Our Week in NH - A Synopsis

Last week for the holiday we were in NH. It was a very busy week and we spent most of it running around so here it is our week in a nutshell:

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingFriday November 17, 2006: We leave for NH. We got on the road about 3pm and hit some fun traffic. It's always fun to travel in the busiest time of the year! We were going to be spending the weekend with Buttercup at their new townhouse. We got in about 9pm. Since David slept the entire car ride he was wide awake to play for another hour and a half.

Saturday November 18, 2006: We ate breakfast and headed to Boston for an afternoon at Faneuil Hall. You can read all about it on Buttercup's blog by clicking here. Later that night we headed out for dinner and we all agreed that Buttercup ordered the best meal as we all shared some of her Mushi Chicken.

Sunday November 19, 2006: With my new found love of cooking I decided to make breakfast for the crew. I whipped up an egg scrambler ala Sophia (with breakfast ham, sausage and bacon) and some home fried potatoes. It was very tasty if I do say so myself. Then we watched the Pats kick some butt shutting out the Green Bay Packers. After the game we left and headed to my parents house for a lovely dinner of Roast Beef and Spiral Ham. Dad told us that we should come home every weekend because it seems that Mom goes all out when we're in town!

Monday November 20, 2006: We headed to Lebanon, NH home to us while the Doc got his medical degree. We went to introduce David to the people of M.J. Hayward. He also got to meet Lula and Burke the M.J. Hayward mascots (a Weimaraner and a Springer Spaniel). We also drove around to see all the new construction that was done at and around the hospital. On our way back we went to visit Mimi at her work so she could introduce her grandson to her co-workers.

Tuesday November 21, 2006: Time to introduce David to more people first we went to visit Grampy at his new office and then we visited with Grammy at her work. After that we stopped by Sanborn Regional High School to get a tour of the new school by the new Assistant principal Mr. Stack! For lunch it was Chinese food (The Doc's reward for all the driving around) and then time to get ready for our night out in Boston. David was dropped off at Grammy and Papa's house where he went to meet more people at the bowling alley that Uncle David and Grammy bowl at. We headed to Boston and had a fabulous dinner at Laurel Grill & Bar. After dinner we went Fire and Ice (yes I finally went back!) for desert and drinks. The girls shared a Chocolate Fondu that consisted of strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, kiwi and pineapple. It was was really good and I would highly recommend it! It was a really fun night and I can't wait to be able to do it again!

Wednesday November 22, 2006: In the morning we picked up Scottie and headed to the mall to get pictures with Santa! David was on his best behavior and the picture came out great! Perfect for Christmas cards! We ate lunch at the food court and then headed back to do some more visiting and more showing off of the little guy! We stopped by the Pillbox where I used to work while I was still in school. That night we had Chinese food from Lucky Corner for dinner.

Thursday November 23, 2006: Thanksgiving! This day was spent with my family at my Aunt's house. The food was awesome and I stuffed my self until I couldn't eat anymore! David spent most of his day being passed around to the different family members. That night we headed over to the Stacks where Brian saved me a piece of his "brined" turkey. While I admit it was tasty I don't feel it was any tastier than my butter basted stuffed turkey!! I really enjoyed the cookies with Erica's homemade whipped cream! The boys looked so handsome in their Thanksgiving outfits as seen in the picture below:



Friday November 24, 2006: Thanksgiving Take II! How lucky am I that I got to have TWO turkey days!! This Thanksgiving was with the Doc's family down in Cape Cod. David's two Great Aunts took turns holding him and I wasn't sure if they were ever going to let me have him back!! He also got to play with Casey (a Bichon). I again ate so much I couldn't move but if I had to do it again...I would!

Saturday November 25, 2006: Went to the mall with my cousins and what was supposed to be window shopping turned into me carrying five bags of stuff! It was nice to get some shopping out of the way though especially with no sales tax! After shopping we went to lunch and then then the Doc came with David to pick me up and we introduced him to Moose and Alaska (Siberian Huskies). I think we're going to have to get a dog because he just loved them! Poor Trot and Drew. That night we met up with Steph for dinner at the China Blossom (we ate way too much Chinese food) then we headed over to the Bejing for drinks and some singing!

Sunday November 26, 2006: 8:00 am we hit the road home! We wanted to miss traffic and get home in time for the Pats game. Plus the Doc wanted to relax before starting his rotation in the MICU. As you can see it was a busy week and we did a ton of running around but it was fun and good seeing everyone!

1 comment:

Princess B said...

The breakfast you made was delicious indeed!

Thank you Rachel Ray. ;-)