February 21, 2008

100 Days to Go...

Says the ticker at the bottom of the page. My belly has expanded to the point that my winter coat is nice and snug when I try to button it - I am hoping for some warmer weather so I don't have to wear it anymore. Here are some quick updates:

(1) It looks like I have "unofficially" passed the 1 hour glucose test. I say "unofficial" because I haven't technically found out from the doctor's office - I had the Doc look up my file on line. perks of being the doctor's wife!

(2) I have put on only about 11 pounds total so far...I was pretty bad the last month so I wasn't surprised that my weight jumped 3lbs from my last appointment. This is the time I have to be careful though as I didn't really balloon into Gigantor until about 34 weeks the last time.

(3) A lady on the train yesterday asked me when I was due and when I told her - her response was "Wow you're really big then huh?!" I politely said "Uh yeah - I guess". To be honest - I wasn't surprised this lady said that as she didn't seem to be full of tact. After her comment she proceeded to tell me that she was really big with her first son, and that she had her tubes tied. A little weirded out by the conversation, I politely said - "Oh so you don't want any more children" - to which she said NO WAY and complained that she was on Depo when she found out she was pregnant with her second..."I was so mad - I was getting married but I was still able to fit in my wedding dress"....thankfully that was the end of our conversation as we were at our stop. I politely told her to have a nice day and shook my head in disbelief over the conversation I just had with a complete stranger....

2 comments:

Princess B said...

Ha! Stories like this make me a little nostalgic of my T commuting days...just a little.

Mis Pretty said...

OMG I AM ON DEPO...I NEED TO GET MY TUBES TIED!!!!!!!! I DO NOT WANT ANYMORE CHILDREN, AND THAT STORY JUST SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME!!! DAVID IS CUT OFF! HAHA