February 11, 2008

6 Months for me - 18 Months for David:

Saturday marked 6 months of me being a fatty, fatty, preggo. Things are still pretty uneventful. The only differences between this pregnancy and the last one is that Shaun is much more active than David was. The Doc fears that means Shaun will be MORE hyper than David. The other difference is that about two weeks ago I had the worst heartburn EVER. It lasted about a week but it was so bad I wanted to die. I didn't get any heartburn with David until the end. I haven't had it since so I am hoping it was a fluke.

I don't have to worry about stretch marks as I have plenty of them - thanks to David. And it's too early to even discuss the kankels...I am hoping that since I won't be a gigantor in July like last time I won't get as much swelling but only time will tell.

As we try to prepare David for the upcoming arrival of Shaun I will ask him periodically where the baby is. He knows the baby is in the belly but he is confused by who's belly. When I asked him tonight he lifted up his shirt and pointed at HIS belly. It was too cute - we all got a good laugh.


Today was also David's 18 month check up. He has finally bumped up in precentiles for his height. He is no longer in the 25th precentlile - he has moved up to the 36th percentile...that is like 10 whole precentiles!

Height: 2' 8" - 36th percentile
Weight: 24lbs - 25th precentile

He was great in the office until they tried to look in his ears. He has a complex about people touching his ears. He screamed more when they checked his ears than when he got his one shot. Needless to say he did not enjoy his time at the doctor's so when we got home after his nap we made some brownies. I think it made everything all better.


Then he got to spend some "silly" time with Daddy before bed. I am pretty sure he forgot all about his truamatic experience earlier that morning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly time - LOL! Wish I could be a bug on the wall ... well maybe not, might scare David or...tempt him to eat me or squish me! Anyway, thanks for the post. You all look great - and you don't look 6 months pregnant. Can't wait to see you all!!!

Omi.

Princess B said...

Ha--CUTENESS!!! I may just steal him next--maybe I'll have you sign over parental rights to me next time he is being a brat....hmmmm....brilliant.

Nah, don't worry--I'm not that kind of friend!
;-)

P.S. He kind of looks like he's ready to try out for the Rockettes...

P.P.S. When you move back to my town will you make me brownies when I have a bad day? Pleeeeease?!?!?!?

Pretty please?

Mahalo, d'accord, je t'aime, je t'aime.

Valerie said...

Brownies always make it all better.
Visiting from I village due in may board.

Nonnie said...

Dear David: Could your momma please make me some brownies also. You are gettting to be such a big boy. I heard you had lots of fun with Maddie and Owen on SuperBowl Sunday. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Love
Maddie and Owen's Nonnie

Mis Pretty said...

Hey Pam, charlie, David, and little shaun!! Sounds to me like you're going to have a little Cohen!!! He never stopped moving in utero, and i had the WORST heartburn EVER while pregnant. I spent most nights sleeping sitting up due to heartburn!!! AND HE IS SUPER ACTIVE!!! you just wait till you see him in a few weeks! You're gonna think the kid is cracked out! haha. HOpefully this cold we have is gone before we come down...see you soon! YOU LOOK GREAT!