March 25, 2009

American Idol: Top 10

Motown night, never really one of my favorite nights in American Idol but I really enjoyed it. Here is my weekly rundown in no particular order.

Adam takes the cake tonight but Alison's performance was a close second.

1. Adam Lambert: WOW! Rocker goes the power ballad route and it was AWESOME! I had tears in my eyes. It was just amazingly beautiful. By far the best of the night.

2. Alison Iraheta: Seriously, I just can't get over the fact that this girl is 16 years old. It's unreal. She is amazing. She picked a great song and as Randy would say, blew it out the box!

3. Anoop Desai: That was so sweet. I thought his falsetto was nice and he can really sing. That being said I felt the song was a little boring. Two weeks in a row singing ballads and I want to see some more My Perogative, more personality! His struggle in this competition is going to be showing he can do both a good vocal and have some serious personality.

4. Danny Gokey: LOVE HIM! I don't think he could do any wrong though. There is just something about watching him sing that makes me smile. I don't usually disagree with Simon but man was he way off on this one. I didn't think it was clumsy AT ALL. I just love the vibe and while he wasn't the best tonight, he certainly was one of them.

5. Kris Allen: I figured out what it is about this guy that bothers me. It's his facial expressions when he sings. If I close my eyes, I like him so much better. I thought he had a very nice, fun performance. This is the song that you want to play guitar with not Michael Jackson. Great song choice.

6. Lil Rounds: I agree with the judges on her. She has strong vocals but bad song choice.

7. Matt Giraud: Um yeah, I'll get it on!!! That was so freakin' awesome. I had goosebumps. He's has so much soul. He picked the right song and I liked that he stepped away from the piano too. And holy falsetto!!!

8. Megan Joy Corkrey: I really want to see her do well in this competition because I love her voice and her vocal styling. It is very different and let's be honest, the pop artists today are all the same. Sadly she wasn't well received by the judges and I kinda have to agree this week. I thought her vocal was strong but I wasn't nuts about the song choice. Kara's suggestion of My Girl would have been fun to hear, I think.

9. Michael Saver: His performance for me felt like he was trying too hard and therefore it showed in his vocal. He sounded just under pitch. Sure it was fun but, when you compare him to other people in the competition he is weak. The last note was VERY painful. He should go home this week.

10. Scott MacIntyre: Weak in comparison to the other guys. Randy's criticism of him being average was dead on. I agreed with Kara that it was nice that he chose stepped up the tempo but still not seeing it with him. Another thing about his vocals that bother me is his pronunciation or rather over-pronunciation of the words.


Michael needs to go home tomorrow but he is America's sweetheart and so sadly I think we'll be seeing Megan go. I also wouldn't be surprised if this was the first time we saw Scott up there on the chopping block.

No comments: