October 15, 2010

I Can Jog 2 Miles!

I can jog 2 miles! Never in a million years would I have thought that sentence would have come from me, but it is!!!! Tonight I finished Week 8 Day 2 of the C25k program, which is a 5 minute warm up walk and then jog for 28 minutes! Tonight I clocked 2.795 miles total (that includes the warm up and cool down), I am so close to 3.1 and I am feeling very confident that I'll be ready for my first race on Thanksgiving Day!

Since I am really serious about this whole running thing, the Doc took me to Marathon Sports Monday, and got me my very first pair of running shoes! First the salesman watched me walk a few times and then came back with a pair of shoes. They were much more comfortable than the cross trainers I was wearing before. After I put them on, he had me go outside and watched me jog up the sidewalk. Can you say, awkward! Ha! Apparently he saw that I was rolling off the side of my foot, something I didn't do while walking and had me try on a different pair of shoes that corrects for it. I couldn't believe how comfortable these shoes are. Next on the agenda, some new running clothes for the big race!

I am on a steady pace to reach my goal and it feels good that I really was able to say buh-bye 160! A small loss this week, but it's still a loss!


Last Week: 159.7
This Week: 159.1
Wk 4 Loss: 0.6 lbs
Total Loss: 26.3 lbs

No comments: