October 29, 2010

Skinny Jeans

After last weeks weigh in I thought I still had a bit before I would be wearing size 10 jeans, but my size 12 jeans were definitely way loose. I decided to head to the store to pick up a pair of size 10 jeans. I had always loved the look of skinny jeans and boots but knew I could never pull it off before. But now that I have lost almost 30 pounds I decided to go out of my comfort zone and buy a pair! So that is just what I did last week, I bought my first ever pair of skinny jeans! It has been a long time since I have felt this good in clothes! I still need to lose about 23 more pounds to be in the normal BMI range for my height but it's nice to be able to look in the mirror and not cringe (as much! Ha!)



Down another half pound this week! Always nice to see the scale going down even if it is in small increments!



Last Week: 158.7
This Week: 158.2
Wk 7 Loss: 0.5 lbs
Total Loss: 6.7 lbs (27.2 overall!)

Now that I have completed C25k, I wasn't really sure what was next for me. I knew I was still going to keep up with the running and work on training for the big race but I wasn't sure what the plan would be. I like structure and plans but didn't know what I should do. Lucky for me, the Doc is a hardcore runner, having recently ran the Boston Half Marathon. He came up with a new plan for me that keeps me on a specific schedule while also working on my speed. I started on Monday and it looks like this:

Day 1: Regular Run (average about 30 minutes - between 2 and 2.5 miles)

Day 2: Intervals - it will work like the C25k program, training my body to be able to run at a faster pace by slowly building up to it! (on Tuesday I did 60 seconds at 5.5mph and 90 seconds at 4mph for about 20 minutes, next time I will increase the interval time, the Doc suggest 2 minutes at the fast pace and 5 minutes at the slow pace to recover).

Day 3: Regular Run (same as above

Day 4: 5k

Tomorrow night is my 5k night and it will be my second go at straight running it. Sometime in the near future I'll be taking this 5k outside and I imagine my times will be very different! The treadmill paces me so I will be very interested to see how I pace myself on my own.

No comments: