October 2, 2010

I JOGGED for TWENTY Minutes!!

Week 5 in the C25K program is very different than the previous weeks had been. The previous weeks were the same routine each day, week 5 was a different routine for the three days and it went as follows:

Day 1: Brisk 5 minute warm-up walk then jog for 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes, jog 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes and then jog 5 minutes.

Day 2: Brisk 5 minute warm-up walk then jog for 8 minutes, walk 5 minutes and jog 8 minutes

Day 3: Brisk 5 minute warm-up walk then jog for TWENTY MINUTES!

I would be lying if I wasn't a little nervous but many people have told me that running is 90% mental and I was going to push through it no matter what and I did it! And it felt pretty good! I have to say that I am a little proud of myself! My hard work is paying off and I can't say it enough, it's such a great feeling!

Now if only I can get back into making better choices about my food, I may start showing bigger losses. But a loss is a loss so, this week:



Last Week: 161.9
This Week: 161.0
Wk 3 Loss: 0.9 lbs
Total Loss: 24.4 lbs

This weeks loss was a little less than a pound, but add that into my overall total, and I am about a half a pound away from losing a total of TWENTY-FIVE pounds! I have never felt better than I do right now, I am looking forward to getting down into a healthy weight range for my height. Now if only I can stop getting myself a BAGEL for breakfast every morning maybe I can get there a little faster! Ha!

No comments: