October 22, 2010

I'm a C25k Graduate!!

On the eve of my 31st birthday I set a goal to run a 5k. And tonight that is just what I did! It was the last day of my the training program, week 9 day 3 and after talking to the Doc about my training, he suggested that tonight after the 5 minute warm up walk, that I set the treadmill to 4.5mph and go the distance. I thought, why not! Let's see if I can do this - it is after all what I spent the last month and a half working towards!

It felt amazing; you have no idea just how proud of myself I am! A 5k at 4.5mph is about 41:25, and that is not too shabby for someone who, up until last early last month, hadn't run a day in her life! It's a good feeling to know that I can do it, especially since as of yesterday I am officially signed up for my very first 5k! I, along with the Doc and some other friends, will be running the 21th Annual WCRC Turkey Trot in Newburyport on Thanksgiving Day! Now that I know I can go the distance the Doc (my very own personal trainer!) is going to set up a new program for me to work on my time! But honestly, my goal for this first race is to finish! Having never run outside before, I will be happy just be able to say that I ran the entire distance!

And in other news, I am down another half pound! I don't care how small the loss is I LOVE seeing those numbers going down, down, down!


Last Week: 159.1
This Week: 158.7
Wk 6 Loss: 0.4 lbs
Total Loss: 6.2 lbs (26.7 overall!)

And since this is the halfway point in round two of my Biggest Loser Challenge, I also took my measurements. I have lost an inch off my waistline, and a total of FIVE inches since starting this journey back in June! I see myself in those size 10's very soon!!

2 comments:

NHGirl said...

I ran for the first time in years and thought of you! If I lived on the east coast, I'd join you in that Turkey Trot! :)

Boston Pam said...

That is awesome!! I am addicted now!! Yay for running! :)