March 18, 2011

SHORT Shorts!

For as long as I can remember, I haven't put on a pair of shorts even in the dead of summer. Instead I wore Bermuda shorts or capri's, anything to cover up my THUNDER thighs! Ha! So anyway, I was out shopping last week, and of course I had the boys with me making trying on clothes pretty much impossible. I decided to grab a bunch of different styles to buy and try on at home and then return what I didn't like. One of those items was a pair of 5" shorts (keeping in mind the shortest pair of "shorts" I wore were 12" Bermuda's).

I was curious to see how they would look on me and imagine my joy when I tried them on and they didn't look gross!! The reason I never wore them before was because shorts that short were pretty much tight around my upper thigh and let's just say it wasn't pretty! Dare I say I might actually enjoy bathing suit shopping this year!!



Fitting into SHORT shorts was just the beginning of a great week in my weight loss journey! Today I finally broke through that brick wall that was the 150's. I haven't been in the 140's since right around my wedding 8 and a half years ago!



Last Week: 150.0
This Week: 148.3
Wk 12 Loss: 1.7 lbs
Total Loss: 6.7 lbs (37.1 lbs overall)

That means, that since starting this journey, 9 months ago today, to be exact, I have lost the equivalent of my four year old! Bring on summer so I can rock my new SHORT shorts!

2 comments:

Momma Trish said...

So proud of you.

Boston Pam said...

Thanks Trish!!