April 10, 2005

A Bad Haircut:

Boys in the world wouldn't understand. This is definitely a girl thing. It has been a long time with the same look and it's time for something new. You find a picture in a magazine and think to yourself that you love that hairstyle and that is what I want my hair to look like. I don't know one girl who hasn't done it. You cut out the picture and schedule your appointment. The excitement is too much to take! In a couple of days you will look fabulous!

The day of the appointment arrives. You tell everyone you know that your getting your haircut. It's a great feeling to know that your going to be changing your blah hairstyle to something new. Your hair is washed and then the stylist starts to cut. Now this could be someone you've gone to many times or someone new (usually it is the latter situation) but they look at the picture and begin. You start seeing hair fall to the ground. A little nervous because maybe you're having second thoughts, it is after all a little drastic from your usual style. But you figure it looks fantastic in the picture it'll look fantastic on me!

The stylist is finished cutting now it's time to style, she blow dry's it and puts in some product you're watching in the mirror thinking - that's not what the picture looks like. Trying not to make faces because you don't want to give away your thoughts you smile and nod politely. All done the stylist turns you around and gives you a mirror so you can see the back. Holy Shit that is so not what I wanted you think to yourself. What have I done??!! You pay the lady and tip her well, because you will feel bad if you don't (or maybe you go there a lot or someone you know works there, etc.) and leave.

Some of us may cry, or scream or in my case stare blankly as I drive home sneaking glances in my rearview mirror. But when all is said and done it wasn't what you wanted and you HATE it. And despite the fact that your boyfriend/husband/friends all say how wonderful/nice you look - you know the real truth. You're UGLY!

This story was inspired by a conversation with Erica - We all feel your pain and thank god it will grow back!
The picture shown was my freshman year at college back in 1997 - some of you may remember well!

2 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I beg to differ. I had a cut about 8 months ago that was legendarily bad.

Even my dog laughed at me.

Boston Pam said...

Sorry Man, didn't mean to exclude the boys - but I don't know many that have this problem! ;)