April 7, 2005

Goodbye Nikko - I voted for you:

I LOVE to sing - so I got sucked into the phenomenon that is American Idol. Well not anymore - American Idol is at it's worst season yet. I don't think I will be watching much anymore. Tuesday night was "Classic Showtunes" - I can't even begin to describe the horror. FX was showing Independence Day at the same time - so every time Paula began to speak I would watch Will Smith fight Aliens.

Paula's comments this season make me want to stick and ice picks in my ears. Here is my imitation of Paual: "Oh you sound great...Oh I love you...Oh you're such a star"

Here what I have to say to that....blech! I guess you know you really suck if she doesn't go GA GA over you. Usually then she tells the person that they look great. Wow!

Simon's comments (which usually right on) seem a little over the top this season. Like OK we like that he is the 'mean' judge so let him make up weird analogies and not say one nice thing about anyone.

Believe it or not - Randy "the DAWG" Jackson is the only judge who tells it like it is. Straight out "Yeah DAWG you were hot tonight" or "Dude that was horrible".

It seems as though all my favorites have been given the boot by America. Apparently America wants to watch Boy Band Wannabe Anthony Federov sing Climb Every Mountain - more like Climb Every Mountain and jump off the edge to put you out of your misery. How he has managed to escape elimination week after week is beyond me.

I don't know if it is the Genre's they have been picking for music or the lack of real talent that makes me change the channel for a show I once spent three nights a week making sure I could watch...but DUDE this is horrible!

No comments: