April 19, 2005

My First Yankee Rant of the Season:

So I have a couple things I would like to get off my chest:

(1) Joe Torre (for whom I have a lot of respect) pissed me off most greatly over this past week. His comments after the Sheffield 'incident' were utterly ridiculous. "That man shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets" - ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!! First of all I should mention that I agree with the fan being ejected because you just can't interfere with the play of the game, however, notice in the 5 million replays that he wasn't even looking at Sheffield when he was hit, so in my opinion, he was not egregiously trying to hit him. And I love how everyone says Sheffield 'restrained' himself. It is as if they had forgotten that instead of trying to get Jason Varitek at second he turned around to belt the guy and then yes restrained himself after he threw the ball. Us Red Sox fans actually appreciate the fact he hit the guy before making a play because that gave Varitek a triple.

(2) George Steinbrenner for whom I have NO respect) pisses me off all the time. What motive for him to make his diatribe on how 'disappointed' he is in the Yankees team, blaming Joe Torre and the rest of the coaching staff, right before they go on a home stretch against none other than the Tampa Bay Devil Ray's. Is it so we get to listen to the dumb ass pundits say "wow Steinbrenner's comments really got through to them, they scored 19 runs - 13 in one inning." NO SHIT. They were playing the god damn Devil Rays - at home. Hell I could score 19 runs against the god damn Devil Rays. WTF??!!

(3) A-Rod (aka Gay-Rod) is a giant douche!

No comments: