April 8, 2005

You and Me and Friendly's...all the live long day...

Oh my god...what a night.

CD and I get back from our run and decide to go out for dinner. We're both pretty tired and neither of us feel like cooking.
"Do you want to go to Molly's?" asks CD
"I don't know" I say "How about Friendly's then we can get free ice cream sundaes; besides there is always a long wait at Molly's."

So we venture off to Friendly's. We drive into the parking lot and the place is a zoo. We park and sit for a minute...
"Wow" I say, "There are a lot of cars, that probably means they are busy and probably will mean slow service. Do you want to stay?"
"Well we're here I mean what else would you want to do?" asked CD.

Well we didn't have anything else in mind and at that point being 6:40 most places were going to have a line. We decided to go in and check it out. No line and empty tables. We sit down right away. We know exactly what we want and we each order the new Honey BBQ Chicken Finger SuperMelt because the supermelts are what get you the free sundae. Our drinks come right away and she tells us she is going to put our order in - I'm thinking holy crap we're actaully going to get decent service from Friendly's tonight....guess what - I spoke too soon.

As a side note I should probably mention that even though we were able to sit down right away - the place was still a zoo and it was as if everyone who had kids decided to go to Friendly's. Now please don't take that as an I hate children kind of thing - becuase I don't it was just funny becuase it made Friendly's that much more frantic than usual and extra loud. But hey that is to be expected. So maybe 20 minutes later our food arives. CD was happy becuase she remembered about the Ranch Dressing. He hates condemnets and salad dressings. Sandwiches were really good. I was happy and CD was happy.

We sat there our sandwiches finished for another 10 minutes. Now we get free ice cream. We both ordered the new Owey Gooey Fudge Brownie Ice Cream me with Carmel and CD with Hot Fudge. About another 20 minutes later we get our sundaes. Guess what, they both had Hot Fudge...now since I am not allergic nor do I detest hot fudge I didn't really care - she even brought me a cup of caramel, although with the whipped cream it wasn't like I was going to pour it over. She also offered to get me another one but at that point we just wanted to finish and go home.

Well the waitress thought different. We waited about 15 minutes after we finished our sundaes to get our check. When she finally came by we grabbed it and ran to the cash register. WHAT? We have to wait for our waitress to cash us out??? Are you kidding me??!! Argh. Another 5 minutes the lady who was at the register yelled out back for our watiress not once but twice, she finally came by to cash us out but not before assisting another waitress with the register tape.

All in all we were at Friendly's for 2 hours...2 hours...I shit you not. Jesus Christ.

No comments: