June 27, 2005

A Good Game and A Free Hat!

Saturday night the Doc and I went Virginia to visit with Ben and Robyn and to go watch the Washington Nationals play Toronto at RFK in DC. The tickets cost us 15 bucks and even though we were up at the top we were right behind home plate and had a fantastic view of the entire ball park. The only bad part was I had to watch Jose Guillen (who is on my fantasy team) suck it up. Before that he had been on a multi-hit hitting streak.

Interesting fact about RFK - they let you bring in water and food (just no drinks) so you can buy a $2 hotdog outside bring it in instead of paying the $4 inside. They were also giving out free hats (see picture*). It was a good time, game was fun and one can never complain about getting a free hat - but the best part of the night (since I had no vested interest in either team) was dinner at La Lomita Dos (a fantastic Mexican restaurant on Capital Hill. Best Sangria I have ever had. I highly recommend the Beef Chimichanga. So next time you venture to DC make sure you stop in. Since it is on Capital Hill it is completely deserted on the weekends so there is no waiting!

*faces have been changed to protect the innocent!

2 comments:

iyaz said...

Wow, CD looks very different when he's clean shaven.

Boston Pam said...

I agree I think it makes him look older. More distinguished. Very GQ.