June 21, 2005

Runaway Bride Gets Mo' Money:

Only in America can someone make up a cock-and-bull story about why they skipped their wedding and then land a $500,000 movie-book deal, followed by a sit-down prime-time interview with Katie Couric. Tonight: The proof.

Couric's much-primped We-Didn't-Pay-for-This-Interview Interview lands on "Dateline NBC" (8 p.m., NBC/4) with more outtakes on tomorrow's edition of "Today." Will the Jennifer Wilbanks confessional never end? Not in this calendar year. ReganBooks (which is not, apparently, owned by NBC) will put out the Runaway Bride tell-all book sometime within the year, while you can reliably expect the NBC movie of the week sometime in the fall (say, November sweeps?).


So in light of this news here is my new plan: Screw getting a job - I am going to run away and not tell anyone where I am going. Maybe buy a bus ticket to Cheyenne hang out in the wilderness for a couple days and make all my friends and family worried sick over me; have them searching for me for at least a week. After that week has passed I will call the Doc crying and sobbing because the bad man took me away and he wants money. When the police find me and realize that I made it all up I will cry nervous breakdown from the move and the fact that the Doc has to work so much now and I am all alone in the big city. Boohoohoo. Then after I appear in court and get my community service time sentence - I will call up Diane Sawyer (who in my opinion is much better than Katie Couric) and get MY prime time interview and get my 500k for my book/made for tv movie deal. I think I would like Kirsten Dunst to play me in the movie and Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney and Christian Bale will all play the role of the Doc.

It worked for her so why not me - I mean I could use the 500k. With that money I could blog all day long! On a different rant - how tight does a man's balls have to be in a sling to marry a crazy psycho such as the above mentioned crazy psycho?


article info from Newsday.com

No comments: