April 14, 2010

AI: Elvis (Top 9 Again)

So the judges used the "save" last week on Big Mike. I have to say that I personally would have liked to have seen Didi saved the week before, but oh well. So we have 9 contestants again singing from the songbook of Elvis Presley. Overall it wasn't a bad night but I thought last weeks show as better.

Below is my review in no particular order:

1. Michael Lynche: song - In the Ghetto
Vocally I thought it was good, he definitely has a nice voice but but I have to say it was a little boring. He's one of those contestants that I could take or leave. I don't think he'll leave tonight as I am sure people were shocked he almost left last week.

2. Casey James: song - Lawdy Miss Clawdy
Another one I could take or leave. He's pretty consistent week to week, I'll give him that, but I am still not on the Casey Bandwagon and at this point, don't think I'll ever be. I agreed with Simon that it feel a little flat.

3. Andrew Garcia: song - Hound Dog
I really think the judges have it out for him, it's like they want to hate his performances. While it certainly wasn't his best, I enjoyed the arrangement and I love the tone of his voice and how he phrases the lyrics. But I am smart enough to realize that I am alone and wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him singing the swan song this week.

4. Katie Stevens: song - Baby, What You Want Me To Do
She can sing, no question, but her song choices leave her looking and sounding very old fashioned. She also needs to work on her stage presence. Someone should nicely tell her that her finger snap and foot stomp at the end note is uber lame.

5. Tim Urban: song - Can’t Help Falling In Love
Vocally it was good, probably one of his better vocals, but he's still very weak. Having said that this is probably the first week that I feel like he deserves to stay. But if we are basing this on overall performances, his time is up.

6. Sibohan Magnus: song - Suspicious Minds
She has some mad vocals, but I hated the song choice. It wasn't until the end that I really got pumped about the song. I think she could be in trouble. She really needs to go back to the first week when she sang Paint it Black.

7. Lee DeWyze: song - A Little Less Conversation
Another winner from Lee and in my opinion again the BEST OF THE NIGHT! He is just awesome and continues to get better each week. He is no question my favorite to win, but he'll have a tough go at it against Crystal.

8. Aaron Kelly: song - Blue Suede Shoes
Really?! Are you kidding me with these song choice. Are you kidding me with the dance moves?! You do realize that you're NOT Elvis, right?! GAH! This was BY FAR the WORST performance of the night. I seriously will throw something at my TV (well my computer, when I read about it, since I don't actually watch the results show) if this kid isn't one of the ones to go home tonight. And that is all I have to say about that.

9. Crystal Bowersox: song - Saved
What else is there to say about her, she is great. It was another solid performance from Crystal.

My predictions for tonights bottom three:
1. Aaron
2. Katie
3. Andrew (though it pains me to write that)

Contestant most likely to sing their Swan Song and be sent packing:
I would like to see the young'ins Aaron and Katie go, but I will most likely be one of the young'ins (hopefully Aaron) and Andrew.

No comments: