April 27, 2010

AI: Shania Twain

This week was music from the songbook of Shania Twain. I have always been a big fan of hers. She is one of my favorite artists to sing along to in the shower! I thought everyone did a really solid job and especially did well with song choices.

Below is my review in no particular order:

1. Michael Lynche: song - It Only Hearts When I'm Breathing
Nice vocal, that isn't the issue I have with him. For me, I am just not sure I would ever stop and listen to him on the radio. He's too Michael Bolton for my taste.

2. Casey James: song - Don't!
What a nice change! So glad he got away from the electric guitar and just sang a song. This is the first time I actually really enjoyed him and his performance. His best ever and he gets BEST PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT, though I am still not quite ready to jump on the Casey bandwagon.

3. Sibohan Magnus: song - Any Man of Mine
I thought the arrangement was too slow. Her voice is amazing but it was hard for me to get past how slow she sang it. The end was great though!

4. Lee DeWyze: song - Your Still The One
I love this guys voice! He's an amazing singer and I loved this performance and arrangement. He's for sure my favorite contestant. The Doc told me that he could sing "My Ding-a-Ling" and I would love it...and yes, I admit, that is probably true!

5. Aaron Kelly: song - You've Got a Way
I'm sorry, I cannot get past his facial expressions. He's by far the weakest link left in this competition, if you ask me. I am pretty sure there is nothing he could do at this point to get me to like him. Oh and I couldn't disagree with the judges more...but I'll chalk that up to my bias.

6. Crystal Bowersox: song - No One Needs to Know
I liked her vocal, especially when she hit those high notes. It wasn't my favorite of hers but I enjoyed the little band up there and it was solid.

My predictions for tonights bottom three:
1. Aaron
2. Siobhan
3. Big Mike

Contestant most likely to sing their Swan Song and be sent packing:
It HAS to be Aaron. I know the judges fell over themselves to compliment him this week but his last three weeks were train wrecks and even though the same can be said for Siobhan, she's a much better performer than Aaron is.

No comments: