April 21, 2010

AI: Songs of Insperation

This week is Idol Gives Back so the theme was songs of inspiration. I think at this point it's very obvious who the standouts are.

Below is my review in no particular order:

1. Michael Lynche: song - Hero by Seal
I enjoyed this, like I said I like seeing him with the guitar. Didn't really stand out and it certainly wasn't one of my favorites but I thought it was solid.

2. Casey James: song - Don't Stop by Fleetwood Mac
This performance was reminiscent of when he sang Hewey Lewis. He's a good musician but his performances still fall flat. It's like the same thing week to week. I agree with the judges, that he's not standing out.

3. Tim Urban: song - Better Days by Goo Goo Dolls
I actually disagree the judges a little, I thought that was pretty darn good, and his best in my opinion. I was impressed for the first time.

4. Sibohan Magnus: song - When You Believe by Mariah Carey
Very nice vocal I mean there is no question that she can sing, but I am still missing the old Sibohan, the one who sang Paint it Black.

5. Lee DeWyze: song - The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel
It's no secret he is my favorite contestant this year but that was just amazing! He's so awesome! I would stop if I heard that on the radio. Every week he just keeps getting better.

6. Aaron Kelly: song - I Believe I Can Fly by R. Kelly
I think Alicia Keys called it when she said if he wasn't careful it could be overkill, because that was overkill. Not a fan at all, never have been, so I know my bias comes through but really that was not good.

7. Crystal Bowersox: song - People Get Ready by The Impressions
Nice touch with the a capella start. Amazing performance, but did she have to cry at the last note?! I know I'll be alone on this but that kinda turned me off a little. I understand that it was inspiration night but...

My predictions for tonights bottom three:
1. Aaron
2. Tim
3. Siobhan (though I would rather see Casey here)

Contestant most likely to sing their Swan Song and be sent packing:
I think Aaron finally needs to go but this could also finally be Tim's week.

No comments: