April 30, 2010

41 Weeks: Induction Day!

The end is FINALLY here! Though, if we were delivering in Philly, I'd be waiting at least a few more days to another week because they don't induce until closer to 42 weeks! I'll be heading over shortly to have one last NST done and my OB has also requested that they do an u/s weight estimation. I have always thought those to be pretty inaccurate but it will be fun to compare the two and see just how close the u/s came.

Then tonight around 6:30 we will head over to L&D to start the induction process. We were supposed to go in last night but they are completely booked solid until TUESDAY! Thankfully my OB made them squeeze me in for tonight. This induction is going to be much different than my last two. At Penn they had us come in the morning and start right off with the pitocin. At BMC we go in the night before because they begin the process with cervidil. Then in the morning they will start the pitocin.

So that is where the story ends for now. The next post will be Evan's birth story and pictures! Hopefully sooner rather than later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Guys. I wish you happy baby vibes. Can't wait to see pictures!