May 1, 2010

And Evan Makes Five

We are so happy to finally be able to introduce the newest member to our clan, Evan Michael!


He was born May 1, 2010 at 1:00am weighing 9lbs 15oz and 21 inches long! Below is the story of Evan's journey to the outside world!

Evan Michael's Birth Story

April 30, 2010
7:00pm - 7:30pm: The doc and I arrive at L&D, register and get sent to our room. We met our nurse and she took all our information while I was hooked up to the monitors. Even though, we were a scheduled induction I had already started contracting about every 15 minutes on my own since 10am that morning. By the time we arrived at the hospital they were slighly stronger and closer together around 5 to 7 minutes apart.

8:45pm: The intern came in to do an exam to see how far dialted I was so that they could make a decision on which meds to give for the induction. She told me that if I was 3cm like my OB had told me I was the day before that she would go straight for the pitocin (and nix the cervidil). I was, and that was the plan that was set in action.

9:20pm: The nurse started the pitocin drip.

9:50pm: The nurse increased the pitocin from 1 to 3 and contractions were now coming every 2 to 3 minutes apart and they were definitely stronger!

10:30pm: The nurse increased the pitocon to 5, and after a few contractions at this stage, I was very READY for my epidural.

11:20pm: The anestesologist came in to do the epidural! HOORAY!

11:55pm: After the epidural was set I started to feel relief, but only on my left side. I was advised to roll over onto my right side to try and get the medicine over to that side. As soon as I rolled I felt wet, I told the nurse that either I just peed or my water broke. She checked and, thankfully, it wasn't pee! The resident came in to check me and I was now 100% effaced and 7cm. At this point I knew this is going to be over very quickly based on the last two experiences. Thankfully they had paged my OB to have him come in because I think they knew it too! Oh, and so much for that diamond on my mothers ring...Evan was going to be a May baby.

May 1, 2010
12:20pm: I started to feel like I might be ready to get this baby out and start pushing so the resident came to check me again and I was now 9cm

12:35pm: Ready to push!

1:00am: Enter Evan, the not quite 10 pounder prankster who caused his mommy so much grief! He was perfect, I was intact, and I couldn't believe that I actually got him out so quickly without any issues

Below are a few pictures:

I'm Here!


9lbs 15oz...HOLY MOLY!


Sleeping so far what he does best! Let us hope it continues!


One tired Mommy and her boy!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

So happy for you guys! He's beautiful just like the rest of his family.

Congrats!