May 10, 2010

42 Weeks: Not Pregnant!

Just for fun I decided to take one last "belly" picture - the 42 week (or the postpartum) belly picture! I am SO happy to no be pregnant anymore (or ever again for that matter!). Our family is complete and Evan is fitting in perfectly! I know it is combination of my experience and confidence as a mother, and the fact that Evan is extremely good natured (knock on wood!). I can't believe that a week ago today we were getting ready to take Evan home. It has gone by so fast!

Our first week home was surprisingly a lot easier than I had anticipated. People said that going from two kids to three kids is a whole lot easier than going from one kid to two kids, but until now, I never believed it! I was especially proud of myself last Thursday. The Doc had to go back to work, unexpectedly, due to scheduling conflicts. That left me by myself with all three boys, as my mom wouldn't arrive until later on in the morning. I had to have all three kids ready and out the door for 8am and I did it! Evan had to fuss a bit while I got Shaun dressed but I was at David's school with plenty of time to spare!! While it is always nice to have help it was also nice to know that I could do it myself! I even survived a trip to the supermarket on Friday with all three boys! I had a very small list, but we all survived, and we survived without any tantrums or meltdowns! When we got home, I made lunch for the older boys, fed Evan and then we all took a nice two hour nap! I even managed to get a nice dinner on the table because we've been eating out WAY too much lately.

Everyone is adjusting so well, even Shaun is starting to warm up to his little brother! Just last night he came over and gave Evan a kiss on the head! I am just so happy, especially after the rough start we had, with the boil water order and the guilt trip from the Pediatric Attending. Evan has a weight check this morning and I will be surprised if he is less than 10lbs 8oz. He had his first growth spurt this weekend and he spent a good portion of it nursing non-stop! He is just the sweetest, fattest baby ever and I am so in love!

Check out those pinchable cheeks in the pictures below!



1 comment:

Todd said...

All of these pics are WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!