May 16, 2010

2 Weeks & The First Tubby!

Evan is 2 weeks old! He is just the best baby ever. He has adapted very well to nights and days. Faster than both David and Shaun did. He has even established a consistent night time routine! He has been falling asleep between 9 and 10pm and sleeping for three hours before he is up for his first night time feeding (around 12 or 1am). Then he will sleep for another 2 to 2-1/2 hours before waking up for another feeding. Then his last night (or rather early morning!) feeding is around 5am before he wakes up for good around 6:45am.



On Friday night his "belly button" fell off and so last night we gave him his first tubby in the sink! He was very calm until I turned on the water to rinse him off. He didn't like the cold water that came out at first!




So things have been going exceptionally well! So well that I am often asked what the secret to my sanity is (I have been out and about since Evan came home)!! My answer is simply: ROUTINE! Since I already have a routine with the older boys, it was all about fitting Evan into that routine, and thankfully it was very easy! I do think it helps that he is such a good natured baby, though! And I won't lie, poor Evan has to cry more than I would like, but that is the nature of being the third child. There are still two other little boys in this house that need Mommy too! But, with that being said, I think we have found a good rhythm and so we're going to let it ride!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

All I have to say is... please let me be like you when I grow up!!!