May 25, 2010

AI: Lee vs. Crystal

Tonight is the finale, Lee vs. Crystal. Each contestant sings three songs. This is going to be hard to do tonight since my bias lies with Lee. I really would like to see him win, but this is because I like his vocal styling better. I won't be mad like last year if Crystal wins, because she is really talented. The first round was a repeat from a previous week. I am never a fan of when they do that so I am not going to review those songs because I have already done it. Round two was the executives choice and round three their single should they win.


Lee DeWyze:
Round 1. The Boxer: the repeat from Inspirational week.

Round 2. Everybody Hurts: I loved this song choice for him, it's a great song and I thought he did a great job. I can't say it enough that I love him!

Round 3. Beautiful Day: I really liked his version of this song. When he smiled, I smiled and the end of the song gave me goosebumps! He's so dreamy!

Crystal Bowersox:
Round 1. Me & Bobbie McGee: repeat from Billboard #1 week.

Round 2. Black Velvet: She is no doubt talented, and that was great but I don't think it was as awesome as the judges, again it goes back to vocal styling.

Round 3. Up to the Mountain: I think the judges falling all over themselves over this performance was a bit much but it is obvious who they think is going to be the winner so...

Again, not going to make my predictions because I made no secret I want Lee to win. I think he still has a chance but based on the judges critiques, it will be Crystal. Though, never underestimate the power of the teenage girl vote (or the adult girl vote!)

No comments: