May 18, 2010

AI: Top Three

It is down to the top 3 and so I am not going to beat around the bush, Lee is my favorite and Casey should be the one eliminated tomorrow. It seems pointless to do a recap of the night, since I am woman enough to admit how deep my bias is, but I will anyway!

1. Casey:
Casey's Pick: Ok, It's Alright With Me by Eric Hutchinson
I think it was just OK. Nothing special. Agree with the judges, very safe kinda boring.

Judges Pick (Randy & Kara): Daughters by John Meyer
Can't say I am in love with this song choice. They thought his own song choice was boring?! Nice vocal but very sleepy arrangement. This was definitely better though, than his first song. But I agree with Simon, there was no wow moment.

2. Crystal:
Crystal's Pick: Come to My Window by Melissa Ethridge
I have said all along the reason that she isn't my favorite contestant (even though she is really talented) is because she is "too Melissa Ethridge" for my taste and so how funny she chose a Melissa Ethridge song to sing. It was good, but it is not my favorite song in the world and so I wasn't jumping out of my seat. I agree with judges that her vocal was solid though.

Judges Pick (Ellen): Maybe I'm Amazed by Paul McCartney
I love this song choice! I LOVED it! I got goosebumps. Leaps and bounds better than the first song. Amazing vocal.

3. Lee:
Lee's Pick: Simple Man by Lyndard Skynard
LOVE HIM! I think that was awesome! It doesn't hurt that he is so dreamy! I agree with the judges...he killed it!

Judges Pick (Simon): Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen
Another great song choice! That was hands down my favorite performance of the entire season. Just amazing.

No comments: