May 16, 2020

12M ~ May 2020

Day 30: A song that makes you think of yourself!

The Doc: He passed again - he couldn't come up with a song.  It's the last day, I let him off the hook!

I cannot believe this is the last day.  I had a lot of fun doing this.  I got to reimburse myself in my favorite music past and present.  Today's theme was hard though.  I love music and singing songs but I don't usually think of them in terms of myself.  So I went to the last influential album from my those influential musical years that had not made it to my list yet, but deserved a place on it - Jagged Little Pill.   I loved the angst of You Ought to Know and that song brought me to this album and I was hooked.  I am choosing You Learn because it's suited for the theme, Hand in my Pocket was the other, but that song is probably my least favorite on that album.  I'd like to think that I put myself out there, did the hard things, swallowed the jagged little pill and learned from past mistakes.

No comments: