May 1, 2020

12M ~ May 2020

Day 15: A song you like that's a cover by another artist!

The Doc: All Along The Watchtower - Dave Matthews Band
Me: Simply the Best - Noah Reid from Schitt's Creek
David: Weezer - Take On Me
Shaun: Africa - Weezer
Evan: Smooth Criminal - Naya Rivera and Grant Gustin ft. 2Cellos from Glee

I had a lot of choices for this one and so it was hard to narrow down.  The classic choice would have been Joe Cocker's version of With a Little Help from my Friends, this is probably a rare case where I prefer the cover more to the original and I big puffy heart love The Beatles.  I also had The White Stripes version of Jolene and Fugees version of Killing Me Softly on my honorable mentions list, along with a number of Pentatonix covers; they are all amazing, especially Hallelujah.  But I am choosing this one because it was a big surprise for me.  The original isn't a bad song, but I would definitely change the radio station if it came on the radio because, whatever.   Then I saw this version while binge watching Schitt's Creek one night and bawled my eyes out.  I've been obsessed every since.  I love the stripped down version so, so much.  I also feel compelled to let you all know that if you haven't binged this show yet, you're missing out.

April Homecation:

Today Evan is TEN!  Happy Birthday Evan! Given the circumstances, I think we did a great job making the BIG TEN something special! Special social distanced lunch with Auntie, Grammy and Scottie, a special phone call from his teacher, a special birthday sing a long with friends in the street, lots of cards and signs, take out dinner from El Rodeo and ice cream cake from Arnie's! BEST DAY EVER. 🥳💕😊

Auntie Robyn decorated her car and drove in playing music to surprise Evan!

Social Distancing Birthday Lunch!

We just lit a Yankee Candle for him to blow out! 😂

Special Birthday FaceTime with his teacher! 

Surprise #2 - a gathering of friends on the street to sing to Evan!


Best Birthday Present Ever!


A quick jump in the pool before birthday dinner and presents!


Mum!  I haz prezent?

Whiskey Friday was replaced with tequila Friday on account of the Mexican takeout tonight - from scratch margaritas! 🍹

No comments: