January 13, 2005

Napoleon Dynamite


I had never even heard of this movie and then out of nowhere it becomes probably one of the funnier movies I have seen in a long time. Why? Is it because of the 80’s memorabilia – sure... or how about the misfit characters – ok...but what really appealed to me just how dumb it was. I know that sounds weird, but it was just that dumb it was hilarious. It was even funnier the morning after discussing it with my co-worker (who was the one who lent it to me) we were quoting lines and talking about different scenes...Argh You Idiot!- I am just going to have to watch it again.


C however, didn’t seem to appreciate the humor as I did (I pretty much laughed the whole time). C thought it was TOO dumb although he did say some parts were humorous on a whole he would rate it lower than I would on a scale of 1-10.




Memorable Quotes:

Nathan: Napoleon, give me some of your tots.
Napoleon Dynamite: No, go find your own.
Nathan: Come on, give me some of your tots.
Napoleon Dynamite: No, I'm freakin' starving! I didn't get to eat anything today.
Nathan: [kicks the tots]
Napoleon Dynamite: Ugh! Gross! Freakin' idiot!

Don: Hey, Napoleon. What did you do last summer again?
Napoleon Dynamite: I told you! I spent it with my uncle in Alaska hunting wolverines!
Don: Did you shoot any?
Napoleon Dynamite: Yes, like 50 of 'em! They kept trying to attack my cousins, what the heck would you do in a situation like that?
Don: What kind of gun did you use?
Napoleon Dynamite: A freakin' 12-gauge, what do you think?

Napoleon Dynamite: Stay home and eat all the freakin' chips, Kip.
Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
Napoleon Dynamite: Since when, Kip? You have the worst reflexes of all time.
Kip: Try and hit me, Napoleon.
Napoleon Dynamite: What?
Kip: I said come down here and see what happens if you try and hit me.

Jock No. 1: Hey, Napoleon. I hear you're in a club for girls.
Napoleon Dynamite: Shut up, I am not.
Jock No. 1: Yeah? Why are you in the Happy Hands Club then?
Napoleon Dynamite: Cause I didn't have a freakin' choice. All the other sweet clubs were filled up. GOSH!

Click on the this link to see the movie trailer: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374900/trailers

Source: www.imdb.com and www.google.com

1 comment:

iyaz said...

If you've read this posting, you have no reason to watch this movie.