January 7, 2005

Office Space Greatest Movie of All Time?!

Office Space is one of the funniest movies of all time. In my opinion this could be one of the all time best movies to go around quoting. Mike Judge is my hero! I know some (not mentioning any names) believe that the Last Dragon has some of the best quotes but I think they are WRONG!

Below are some of my favorite quotes from Office Space – the GREATEST comedy of all time (and I am not one for using superlatives, right C?)

Thanks to one of the GREATEST websites of all time The Internet Movie Database (http://www.imdb.com/) I have been able to provide some of my favorite quotes without screwing them up!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

Tom Smykowski: It's a "Jump to Conclusions Mat". You see, you have this mat, with different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.
Michael Bolton: That is the worst idea I've ever heard.
Samir: Yes, this is horrible, this idea.


Peter Gibbons: What if we're still doin' this when we're 50?
Samir: It would be nice to have that kind of job security.
Peter Gibbons: Lumbergh's gonna have me work on Saturday. I can tell already. I'm gonna end up doin' it, because, uh...because I'm a big pussy... which is why I work at Initech to begin with.
Michael Bolton: Uh, yeah, well, I work at Initech and I don't consider myself a pussy, OK?
Samir: Yes, I am also not a pussy.


Michael Bolton (to the fax machine): "PC Load Letter"? What the fuck does that mean?


Peter Gibbons: You see Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

Bob Porter: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately. Peter Gibbons: Well, I wouldn't exactly say I've been *missing* it, Bob.


MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SCENE:

Joanna: So, where do you work, Peter?
Peter Gibbons: Initech.
Joanna: In... yeah, what do you do there?
Peter Gibbons: I sit in a cubicle and I update bank software for the 2000 switch. Joanna: What's that?
Peter Gibbons: Well see, they wrote all this bank software, and, uh, to save space, they used two digits instead of four. So, like, 98 instead of 1998? Uh, so I go through these thousands of lines of code and, uh... it doesn't really matter. I uh, I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.
Joanna: You're just not gonna go?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah
Joanna: Won't you get fired?
Peter Gibbons: I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go.
Joanna: So you're gonna quit?
Peter Gibbons: Nuh-uh. Not really. Uh... I'm just gonna stop going.
Joanna: When did you decide all that?
Peter Gibbons: About an hour ago.
Joanna: An hour ago... so you're gonna get another job?
Peter Gibbons: I don't think I'd like another job.
Joanna: Well, what are you going to do about money and bills and...
Peter Gibbons: You know, I've never really liked paying bills. I don't think I'm gonna do that, either.


What are some of your favorite lines/scenes from Office Space – or is there another movie you enjoy quoting lines from maybe…

Quotes taken from Internet Movie Database website

4 comments:

iyaz said...

The greatest movie of all time is obviously "If Looks Could Kill" starring Richard Grieco. I mean look at this movie description from IMDB:

When Michael Corben, along with the rest of his high-school French class, set out for a trip to France, he runs headlong into international intrigue: Agent Michael Corbin has just been disposed of by the evil forces of Augustus Steranko. When it's learned that Michael Corbin is alive and well, and still on his way to France, he's beseiged by both the good guys and the bad guys. British Intelligence outfits him with a series of James-Bond-like gizmos, and Steranko sends more would-be assassins after him. Can Michael stop the evil Steranko's plans for European domination?

Tony said...

I like the TPS report running gag.

"Yeah. It's just that we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports *before* they go out now. So if you could just remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. Alright!"

Reminds me of work...

And of course, Milton is GREAT. "if they move my desk one more time..."

Other movies with great quotes:
Brazil:
Harry Tuttle (Robert DeNiro): Bloody paperwork. Huh!
Sam Lowry: I suppose one has to expect a certain amount.
Harry Tuttle: Why? I came into this game for the action, the excitement. Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there's trouble, a man alone. Now they got the whole country sectioned off, you can't make a move without a form.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088846/quotesAnd of course, my favorite, Ronin, again with Robert DeNiro:
"Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape."
Amazing movie, very subtle one-liners.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122690/quotes

Boston Pam said...

I should also mention that another great scene is the Fax Machine "Man it Feels Good to be a Gansta" scene. My co-workers and I had a shredder that we would have liked to do that to.

Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.
Samir: Piece of shit.

Corporate Accounts Payable, Nina speaking! Just a moment!"

iyaz said...

I still say "If Looks Could Kill" is better. Such classic movie lines such as "I'm the French Teacher." It's a classic. Yup. Classic.